Here is a request from a friend of mine - He said he liked this dish when he was on the Chicago. Here you go Steve. ENJOY
Yield 100 Portion 2 pieces
Carbohydrates 20 g
Protein 40 gFat 10 g
Cholesterol 119 g
Sodium 317 mg
Calcium 38 mg
Chicken, cut-up, 8 piece, cut, skin removed – 82 pounds
Cooking spray, non-stick
Crushed pineapple, canned – 19 ¾ pounds
Juice, Pineapple, canned, unsweetened – 2 qts+3 ½ cups
Soy Sauce – 1 ¼ cup
Sugar, granulated – ¾ cup
1. Wash chicken pieces thoroughly under cold running water. Drain well. Remove excess fat.
2. Place chicken, meat side up, on lightly sprayed sheet pans. Lightly spray chicken with cooking spray.
3. Using a convection oven, bake 40 minutes at 325 F. on high fan, closed vent. CCP: Internal temperature must reach 165 F. or higher for 15 seconds. Hold at 140 F. or higher for use in Step 5.
4. Combine pineapple, pineapple juice, soy sauce, and sugar. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Transfer chicken to steam table pans. Pour 2 quart sauce evenly over chicken in each pan.
6. CCP: Hold for service at 140 F. or higher. Serve with 1/4 cup sauce.